Sunday, December 19, 2010

Preppy Christmas

Each year, I like to create a different look for my Christmas table, and while I love snow and the nostalgia of a 'white christmas' this year I wanted to make something that was more casual and fun. Vintage is beautiful but its been done to death right ?
I new I wanted to do red and white, and some where along the line navy came into the picture, and wha'la a "Preppy Christmas" was born.




I contacted the lovely Lindi from http://www.love-the-day.com/ to ask her if she would like to collaborate with me and design a printable party pack, I purchased her 'Harvest' pack for Archie Woodland Folk party and it was wonderful, I was so impressed not only with the amount of things in the pack, but the endless possibilities for using the goodies inside, and you can reprint them until your heart is content.
The packs include Welcome sign, banner, cupcake wrappers, water bottle labels, chocolate wrappers, cupcake toppers, food flags, gift tags, and so much more I forget, a whopping 24+ pages.. WOW!
You can purchase this from here http://www.etsy.com/shop/lovetheday
so easy and you have plenty of time to make your table all 'preppy' for the 25th of December.
Even used as a boxing day BBQ for styling would be so cool. I adore Lindi's work, please like her on facebook as well, cuteness and creativeness overload.



No Christmas is complete with out macarons, they are little bite of heaven, soft, sweet and very special.
Silvana from "The Mac Factory" is the Mac Queen ... for real! the Mac Factory is opening soon in Hutt Street in Adelaide's CBD and is sure to be a massive success, with over 50 flavours.. FIVE ZERO people!!
I have used these mac's in every buffet I have done so far and the flavours of all the ones I have been lucky enough to try are to good to explain, you cant pic a favorite because they all leave you weak at the knees.
So we did the Macaron 'Ivory Tower' these come in small, med and large and are so perfect for any event, wow people at a wedding or birthday with one, I love this one so much!!


Then we also had, blue, red and white and then very super special ones with red glitter dusting.. OH MY GOSH! so good! like 'The Mac Factory' on facebook also, for updates of the store opening.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Mac-Factory/147897728587207



All Photographed by the lovely http://www.jennifersando.com.au/ we had fun, as always, then we ate macarons for a few days after .. and blissed out. Jen and I have known each other for probably 6 years, she is inspiring and a great support to me, Im looking forward to 2011, Jen and I have some amazing projects in the works, I cant even tell you how blessed I feel to have a friend who is also an amazing photographer, so talented and lovely all in one!


Okay, now to the food, I wanted to include 2 recipes that are easy and fun so they are
an starter of Prawns on Cucumber and Dill salad.. very yummy!!! and Eton Mess for dessert..
then as no Christmas should ever go with out a cocktail, a Mint Julep .. so good, best. drink. ever.
I have attached recipes, and they are also on my facebook page www.facebook.com/whiteroomevents
in the Preppy Christmas album :)




 
I didn't set a table for you to see as such, I'm saving that for Christmas day, but I love how it turned out.

3 comments:

oscar and ruby said...

Such a great colour scheme! I'll be trying out that cocktail for sure. Mint + anything = summer for me!

Jennifer Sando said...

Right back at ya, Em. (I had to come in here and acknowledge what you wrote - thank you!) Is 2011 ready for us I wonder? Lol. xx

Kellyansapansa said...

Everything is stunning, as always! Can't wait to see what you cook up in 2011. xx